Donate to Absurd Job Vacancies! Donate to Absurd Job Vacancies! Donate to Absurd Job Vacancies! Donate to Absurd Job Vacancies! Donate to Absurd Job Vacancies!

Disclaimer

Examine the expectations and inferences underlying selected job positions. Consider timely topics in career preparation and the struggle for fulfilling employment. Analyze what could be improved in either situation. If this blog reminds you too much of work, then peruse my namesake blog for lighter fare.

Fuck UWM and all universities! UW-Milwaukee and their brethren are mediocre. Click banner ads on ClixSense instead; it's a better use of time than a college education in the UW System.

Monday, March 11, 2013

"What's My Value?" - An original poem by Joseph Ohler, Jr.

Popular question, or so it seems / Graduates face to realize their dreams /
Of what to the table you will bring / Of which achievements do you sing /
Whoa! Better than belief? Dude's unreal / Talking about himself with such a spiel! /
Hiring manager beguiled / Corporate culture defiled /
"Independence," that dirty word / Company needs become absurd /
Treating applicants like a bunch of parity / But this graduate proves to be a rarity

Individuality! The cliches deny / Elsewhere your success will lie /
Don't need to sell my value / Only tell what is true /
Of course, I don't fit your tidy hatch / Because nonpareil people have no match /
So don't feel *too* disappointed / For missing out on the anointed /
"Blasphemy! What will you do for me?!?" / It's not my concern; go drink your tea! /
Or if you're like me / Then brew some coffee

"Why, I never heard arrogance like that!" / "For an adult, such a spoiled brat!" /
Diminishing advantage for remaining couth / So now I'm SHOUTING undiluted truth /
Job creators act high and mighty / But when *I* do, it's so uptight-y /
No one's my master; no contractual trap / Why help them? Why give a crap! /
No keyholders to my grandiose gate / Don't need approval to know who's great /
And neither should you, if under-employed / And then realize, you'll be overjoyed!

Bonus: Here's a downloadable rap of the above poem! | Size: 2.23MB | Length: 01:37

Bonus Part II: Here's a downloadable lounge rendition of the above poem! | Size: 3.91MB | Length: 02:51

04-01-2013 Update: My message has apparently proven inspirational to at least one self-described "under-privileged" youth. Here's a rendition by "Dijon" of Harlem, NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment